"From The Stars Volume 1"
Music may be our no. 1 love, but Science Fiction is right up there at no. 5 (the usual ones are in slots 2,3 and 4).
Here at Nang Towers music may be our number 1 love, but Science Fiction is right up there in at number 5 (the usual ones are in slots 2,3 and 4). We grew up on a diet of TV Sci-Fi. As luck would have it, so did a lot of the producers we work with... Cue the excuse for a shameless series of Sci-Fi theme cover albums. Welcome to Volume 1 of "They Came From The Stars".
Things open up with Architeq's take on the John Carpenter killer-car thriller theme "Christine". The Scotsman using moody analog synth pads and some fine drumming to maximum effect. Next its time for some tight red catsuits and rat-eating as Milan based Love Supreme deliver their version of "V" (or "The Visitors" for our European friends). Love Supreme driving the groove home with a driving real bass line and clanky synths.
Over to Deutschland now with Justus Kohncke. He cleverly mixes up a 'La Vie En Rose-like' rhythm with the bleepy melody from the German TV 60's classic. Next up are two more offerings from the perennial director-musician master that is John Carpenter. Belgian King DJ goes for the jugular-catchy lead line of 1981's "Escape From New York" and Slovenian Sare Havlicek synths-up "Pork Chop Express" from Big Trouble In Little China.
"V" must have been one popular show in Italy... as from all the Sci-Fi shows out there another Italian buddy – Bottin - also chose to cover the main theme. We loved them both so much they both had to be included. Bottin as ever displays his italo roots and mastery of the synthesizer, one producer who is very at home within cinematic worlds. Next, the Slovenian pairing of Ichisan and Nakova display some Yugo-disco groove with their take on "Space 1999" (Series 1 for those Gerry fans out there). DJ Enne is next up with the his haunting take on the Tangerine Dream composed "Streethawk".
Over to New York now where Ulysees dishes out his trademark slick production on "Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy". Originally an old, old Eagles tune should the truth be told. Staying stateside, Florida based Sleazy McQueen turns in his quirky cover of the quirky 80's TV show Buckaroo Banzai. Things round off with a SCDC funked up take on "Barbarella".
We are already well into Volume 2, so for all Starbound producers out there keep the (sample-less) covers winging their way into us. See you on the next pass of the comet... The Nang cadets.
01. Written by John Carpenter and Alan Howarth. Published by Golden Torch Music / EMI
02. Written by Joe Harnell. Published by Warner Chappell Publishing
03. Written by Peter Thomas. Published by Ring Music GMBH.
04. Written by John Carpenter and Alan Howarth. Published by Local Boy Inc / Cherry Lane Music
05. Written by John Carpenter. Published by Rewind Music / Warner Chappell Publishing
06. Written by Peter Schickele. Published by Leeds Music Ltd
07. Written by Joe Harnell. Published by Warner Chappell Publishing
08. Written by Derek Wadsworth. Published by Sony / ATV Music Publishing
09. Written by Edgar Froese, Franke Christoph and Johannes Schmoelling. Published by Universal Music
10. Written by Bernard Leadon. Published by Warner Chappell Publishing
11. Written by Michael Boddicker. Preamble Music / Universal
12. Written by Sioux City Disco Club. Published by Copyright Control
Mastered by Eugene Rasini @ Retreat Media
All Sound Recordings (P) 2010 Nang Records
|1.||Architeq - Christine||Buy Track ( 0.94)|
|2.||The Love Supreme - V||Buy Track ( 0.94)|
|3.||Justus Köhncke - Raumpatrouille (Space Patrol)||Buy Track ( 0.94)|
|4.||King DJ - Escape From New York||Buy Track ( 0.94)|
|5.||Sare Havlicek - Pork Chop Express||Buy Track ( 0.94)|
|6.||Lusty Zanzibar - Silent Running||Buy Track ( 0.94)|
|7.||Bottin - V Reprise||Buy Track ( 0.94)|
|8.||Ichisan & Nakova - Space 1999||Buy Track ( 0.94)|
|9.||DJ Enne - Streethawk||Buy Track ( 0.94)|
|10.||Ulysses - Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy||Buy Track ( 0.94)|
|11.||Sleazy McQueen - Buckaroo Banzai||Buy Track ( 0.94)|
|12.||Sioux City Boys Club - Angels Have No Memory||Buy Track ( 0.94)|
Buy All Tracks ( 8.01)
Physical CD Sold Out ( Request )